Alloy is looking to hire full stack developers to help our engineering team create a great product and engineering culture. We're a small team, so we're looking for people who love to take initiative and can bring solid development skills to the table.
**Who we are**
Alloy helps banks and fintech companies make decisions. Whether it's an app trying to decide if they want to create a stock trading account for someone or a bank assessing someone for a loan, we create software to make that easy.
The current team consists of 11 (5 of whom are engineers). Most of the team works from Bushwick, Brooklyn. We're nice people. We're also well-funded and post-revenue so your paychecks won't bounce.
**What you will do**
- Create great features for our dashboards. This is where our customers can see all of their data, build workflows for our APIs, and manage identity data over time. With a rapidly expanding customer base, we get a lot of feature requests, and we need someone who can help us keep up with this demand by creating features efficiently and effectively.
- Write good code! We value the end result, but we value code quality as well. All of the code that we push to production is reviewed and we expect that you will be open to receiving constructive criticism as well as motivated to contribute to the review process for others' work. Bonus points if you're a fan of testing and continuous integration.
- Take full ownership of your work. From the initial database design to the final UX and style tweaks, we want you to take the lead and be proactive in building outstanding features that look great and function flawlessly for our diverse customer base.
**What we are looking for**
- 1+ years of real-world experience or demonstration of:
- Ability to work with a team on complex engineering projects
- Familiarity with common software engineering workflow and tools
- Some familiarity with:
- Python (Our dashboards are written in Django)
- Designing and querying PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Git or a similar version control system
- AWS and Linux server administration
- Know your way around a command line
- Hunger for a project that you want to sink your teeth into and a strong interest in solving complex problems
- College degree in computer science is helpful, but not necessary
- Knowledge of UI/UX is also nice, but not required
What we offer:
- Health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible work hours
- Relocation pay - if you need to move to NYC, we'll pay to make it happen
- Open vacation policy, and we actually mean it. Take some time off!
- Generous family leave options and support in returning to work
- Whatever! You're the 12th person on the team, so you can help us set the agenda for what benefits we do and don't offer
**How to apply**
Send your resume (or something that conveys resume information) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work history
- Education history
- What you're good at
- What sorts of stuff you enjoy working on
- Links to whatever you want to show off (GitHub, Twitter, HackerNews, LinkedIn, code samples, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Alloy solves identity and compliance problems for financial institutions and fintech companies. We offer an API to help financial services companies access various aggregated identity databases and a dashboard through which to organize and analyze customer onboarding data. Using Alloy helps improve customer conversion through the compliance funnel, reduce risk & fraud, and speed up previously manual back-office processes.
We're based in New York City and are backed by top tier VC's and angels. We're hiring.