Data & Applied Scientist | Customer & Market Research
2018 - Present (over 1 year)
Leading a team of analytic suppliers to build tools and platforms that predict Microsoft's marketing ROI. Predominantly responsible for "upper-marketing-funnel" metrics (purchase...more intent, consideration, etc.), I bring new data sources together (often from disparate places) to clarify our media strategy and inform our decisions, early in the marketing process.
Drove product launch efforts for Microsoft's widely anticipated SaaS Internet of Things (IoT) solution, Azure IoT Central, as part of the the Azure + EMS Marketing team. Redesigned...more and re-engineered Azure IoT web experience on Azure.com/iot, including production of video and related multimedia assets through cross-discipline collaboration.
Market Research Manager | Customer & Market Research
2016 - 2017 (11 months)
Managed a behavioral panel of hyper-productive information workers and developers in order to inform engineering and marketing decisions with telemetry-based insights. Evolved...more our telemetry practice into one that is "productized" and accessible to stakeholders within the Customer & Market Research team and, more broadly, various business groups within Microsoft, alike.
Design and develop academic programs (e.g. classes, seminars, conferences, etc.) for students at Stanford and around the globe to foster an entrepreneurial ecosystem across...more academic disciplines and campuses. Conduct needfinding across various departments on campus in order identify partnership opportunities. Support regular STVP publication and outreach efforts (blog posts, newsletters, etc.) with external audience.
Recruitment for 8 vetted student teams and 12-wk class mgmt
Head Teaching Assistant · Collaborated with instructors Jeff Epstein, Steve Weinstein, & Steve Blank in recruitment of 8 vetted teams for… · More engineering course on applying principles of the popular "lean startup" and "customer development" methodologies to prototype and test product/business. Led TA team through 10 weeks of course preparation and evaluation. Ultimately, all teams graduated from ENGR 245 with a market-validated idea moving onto related courses/incubators (including one team joining the YC summer class of 2016)
Teams join with an idea they want to build on and road test over the course of 12-weeks using Steve Blank's "Customer Development" methodology. The course involved several intensive weeks of product development rooted in deep and frequent customer interviews and needfinding.
Technology leader and perpetual student of innovation. I thrive in fast-paced settings with a knack for bringing calm and clarity to projects riddled with ambiguity . Skilled in public speaking and team/stakeholder management. I can use market research to inform product strategy and messaging.
Looking to join a small, dedicated team in either the healthcare technology or fintech (especially real-estate tech) arena. Very open to any industry, however, if the team and vision is right. Keen to bring unique value to any project I'm involved in, so you can count on me not wasting your time.
What's the most useful business-related book you've ever read?
Wealth Can't Wait by David Osborn
What's your favorite non-business book?
The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
If money were not an issue, what would you be doing right now?
Experimenting with asset creation and passive income generation. 60% of all profits would go towards a philanthropic cause I care about (likely equity in education OR genetic research) and the remaining 40% would be reinvested in the experiment!
What words of advice would you give your younger self?
In the words of the legend, Billy Joel (Vienna):
"Slow down, you crazy child
You're so ambitious for a juvenile
But then if you're so smart, then tell me
Why are you still so afraid?"