As a robotics company, area17 presents unique challenges for designing and architecting complex back-end systems. Responsibilities will include building server-side applications in Go, deploying and managing microservices in the cloud, as well as translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code. You will be responsible for back-end engineering tasks, such as architecting APIs and databases, and building server-side infrastructure to serve robots in the field and front-end GUI applications. Additionally, you will work with a UI/UX designer to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how our GUI applications look as well as how they work.
What You'll Do
* Work with Go, gRPC and the AWS ecosystem to architect core pieces of infrastructure optimized for long-term maintainability, performance, and reliability
* Scale automated systems for monitoring, tracing, debugging, and deploying microservices running in docker containers
* Securely Integrate with external APIs, as well as supporting external partners as they integrate with area17’s APIs
* Develop, design & architect user-facing front-end interfaces for robotic vehicles and their data
Skills And Qualifications
* You have experience deploying and scaling databases and distributed systems using containers, as well as performance measurement and optimization
* You have experience architecting and implementing RESTful APIs, as well as using modern API technologies such as gRPC and GraphQL
* You derive joy from refactoring and abstracting, to keep complex systems fun to develop and easy to understand
* You have a proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and a basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
Compensation and Benefits
area17 has a comprehensive full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and equity compensation.
area17, a spin-out from SRI International, is developing a low-cost, high performance vision system for drones.
A combination of commodity sensors and processors and an advanced software stack allow us to provide collision avoidance, obstacle detection, and simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), to enable autonomous drone flight both indoors and outside, that brings a new class of capabilities to consumer and commercial grade drones.