Location: Oakland, CA
area17, a spin-out from SRI International, has commercialized a low-cost, high performance vision system to enable fully autonomous operation of aerial and ground-based robots. A combination of commodity sensors and processors and an advanced software stack allow us to provide collision avoidance, obstacle detection, and extremely precise (cm level) simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), to enable robust and safe autonomous navigation indoors with no additional infrastructure. We have combined this vision stack with a cloud-based enablement and provisioning back-end to enable partners to easily build and integrate autonomous robotics through our APIs into their workflows.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining, driving and delivering product capabilities for vision-based navigation platforms developed by area17. They will work in conjunction with the CEO and CTO to document the scope and manage the execution of the global product strategy whilst coordinating and managing internal and external resources. They will be responsible for timely product delivery of features and functionality of the area17 platform as driven by market requirements.
• You will help drive the product vision, strategy and the product roadmap for area17
• Build compelling business cases that articulates the value for new product/feature development in conjunction with primary market research
• Define and prioritize product enhancements that address customer needs
Sell the vision of the area17 navigation platform externally to customers
• Create and deliver compelling product strategy content and messages
• Work closely with technical development team to understand tradeoffs and optimize planning
• Track competitive landscape from a business and technical perspective
• Act as an advocate for the customer to ensure we are solving the right problems in the right way
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field of study
•7+ years of strategic product planning, management and execution experience (hardware integration experience desired)
• Expertise in enterprise focused product management
• Experience in new product development in Agile/Scrum delivery approach
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to partner and collaborate cross-functionally and at all levels
• Effectively balance strategic/business acumen with deep-dive technical/engineering
• Innovative thinker, get stuff done attitude, be a positive disruptive force for change
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salaries and company equity
• Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, and more!
• Flexible vacation policy
• Close to West Oakland BART station
area17, a spin-out from SRI International, is developing a low-cost, high performance vision system for drones.
A combination of commodity sensors and processors and an advanced software stack allow us to provide collision avoidance, obstacle detection, and simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), to enable autonomous drone flight both indoors and outside, that brings a new class of capabilities to consumer and commercial grade drones.