82 Labs, Inc. is a new kind of consumer goods startup. We develop biohacking solutions designed to empower you to be at your best so you can do more of what you love. We first launched our flagship product, Morning Recovery, through Indiegogo back in July, 2017. In our first year of operation, we raised $9.5M in VC financing and made $7M in revenue. We've only just begun.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with Subject: Position - Name (example: "Head of Product Development - Sisun")
82 Labs, Inc. is a new kind of consumer goods startup. We develop science-backed supplements that help you feel more energized, productive, and be the best version of yourself. Our first product is Morning Recovery, a liquid dietary supplement that helps you bounce back after a night of drinking. In our first 10 months, the company raised a total of $9.5M in vc financing, and made over $5M in revenue.
We are now looking for an entrepreneurial scientist to lead and build our r&d efforts. You will:
- Manage the execution of new product innovation and design of science-based, competitive and compliant formulations
- Continuously measure and improve the efficacy behind Morning Recovery
- Manage and conduct formula reviews of new products and ingredients offered by external contacts to determine scientific viability, compliance and applications
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to develop new products that integrate into the overall 82 labs assortment strategy
- Collaborate with the regulatory team to substantiate product claims
- Function as the nutrition expert to support the development of educational content for use by the company and to address regulatory bodies.
The ideal candidate would have a dietetics/nutrition background with 4+ years of experience in the supplement/food industry. The candidate must have great scientific and personal skills, including:
- MS, PhD in Food Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science or equivalent field
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and working knowledge of form-specific regulatory requirements (DSHEA, FDA) and certifications (non GMO, Kosher, Halal, DSVP, etc.)
- Experience designing nutritional products
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the willingness to do whatever it takes to win
- Specific experience in powders and ready-to-drink beverages formulation and process technology, is a plus
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Bonus: can design and run clinical trials
- Bonus: a registered dietitian