We’re a fast-moving startup founded by two ex-VCs from Pritzker Group, with a vision to empower all professionals by helping them build better relationships. Our goal is to fix the network gap - the inequality of opportunity driven by not having the right connections. To solve this problem, we’re combining the best practices of the world’s top relationship builders with artificial intelligence.
We’re building a mission-driven team that strives to live out our values every day:
- Diversity of perspective
- Growth (individual and collective)
We’re also proud to be a part of the Techstars Chicago 2017 cohort!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join the team’s 2 co-founders as employee #1. World-class design is critical to bridging the network gap and we’re eagerly looking for a designer who believes in our mission as much as we do.
The Senior Product Designer role will be to make the complex process of relationship building and management simple and intuitive. They will work closely with the CEO (sales, marketing, customer support, fundraising) and CTO (engineering, product) to understand user behaviors and needs, and translate that into thoughtful product experiences. They will artfully balance the depth of functionality of an enterprise-grade tech platform with the elegance of a consumer app.
- Excited about the 4Degrees mission
- Belief in the values at the core of our business
- Comfortable with experimentation - we’re building something no one else has
- Obsessed with users and the voice of the customer
- Track record of prototyping and launching impactful v1 products from concept to delivery
- Love the process (ideating, testing, building and iterating) of bringing digital products into the world
- Ability to balance long-term vision with details and quick iterations
- Ability to straddle the intersection of brand, business, and interaction design
- Confidence and vision to own our users’ journey
- Collaborative mindset - recognizing that most great outcomes are accomplished by teams, not individuals
- Understands how to communicate the customer journey (personas, user scenarios, sketches, process maps, wireframes, etc.)
- Experience in the following domains: User research, wireframing, interaction flows, visual design, and prototyping at all fidelities
- Skilled in using Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Balsamiq or other tools to create designs at different levels of fidelity
To apply, please send your portfolio and thoughts on the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an on-site position in Chicago, IL.
We care deeply about diversity of thought and perspective - people of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
We're a startup with a vision to equalize opportunity by enabling you to build stronger professional relationships.
Our platform identifies the right connections for you to focus on, works with you to strengthen those relationships over time, and helps you activate your network when you need it.