3GIMBALS is a lean team of intelligence analysts and data scientists transforming traditional analysts work-flow with the disruptive technology of machine learning. We are solving information extraction from satellite imagery at scale using deep learning algorithms. Our company feeds off of creativity and self-initiative. Come help us transform geospatial intelligence with artificial intelligence.
Software Engineer, Machine Learning & Computer Vision
We are currently seeking a talented Machine Learning & Computer Vision Software Engineer -- Intermediate or Senior Level -- for our South Florida COGINT team.
Job Description + Responsibilities
• Help create geospatial intelligence for ingestion by analysts in-house and client-side.
• Learn about and develop a working understanding of 3GIMBALS' existing software processes, procedures, and workflows.
• Acquire and warehouse satellite imagery from multiple vendors ranging from medium to high resolution.
• Develop, test, and deploy machine learning / computer vision algorithms for object detection, segmentation, classification, and counting in satellite imagery.
• Create analysis reports that provide insights into historical trends, patterns of life, and anomaly detection for ongoing monitoring of specific geographic areas.
• Exploit geospatial data from our partners in the private sector via API calls for augmenting analysis reports as well as generating annotations for satellite imagery.
• US citizenship
o Required for current client and for potentially acquiring top-secret clearance.
o Willing and able to meet the requirements for a government security clearance.
o M.S., Ph.D., or commensurate experience in Computer Science or a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Electrical and/or Computer engineering) with a strong focus on machine learning.
• Work Experience
o 2+ years of experience applying machine learning to real-world problems
o Experience working in previous startups is preferred
o 2+ years of software development in Python
o 1+ years of machine learning using deep neural networks and associated libraries (Keras + TensorFlow, scikit-learn)
o 1+ years of computer vision (using ML or other approaches; opencv a plus)
o Use of Git version control
o Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS / Google Cloud)
o Experience with APIs
o Experience with big data a plus
o Database management and data warehousing
o Exposure to image processing a plus
o Exposure to Geographical Information Systems (GIS) a plus
• Desired Characteristics
o Team player
o Fast learner
o Energized by fast-paced environment
o Exceptionally detail oriented
o If not already present, we require employees to relocate to South Florida, Miami area. Remote is temporarily acceptable until relocation.
3GIMBALS is a small team (<20) of military veterans, intelligence analysts, and data scientists transforming traditional GEOspatial INTelligence (GEOINT) into the future of COmmercial Geospatial INTelligence (COGINT). Combining insights from industry-leading intelligence platforms and in-house analytical capabilities, our team produces detailed and high-impact intelligence products for our clients in the US government. We have a fun, positive, and open work culture that promotes independence and self-growth at the same time as team-building and strong group support.
3GIMBALS deep learning algorithms automatically extract meaningful information from satellite imagery and allow geospatial intelligence analysts to focus their attention on the data that matters. Using high-frequency collect commercial satellite imagery we are developing a fully-automated tipping and cuing product suite for monitoring activity trends across the globe.